Saturday 26 April 2014

Movie Review: The Chorus (Les Choristes)

            A failed musician Clement Mathieu comes to a strict boys' boarding school, where the tough headmaster Racine rules over the youth with his motto of "Action-Reaction." Mr. Mathieu tries a different approach, introducing music into their lives, forming a boys' choir that allows the teacher to discover the secret musical talents of a quiet but troubled young boy named Pierre Morhange.

                In my opinion, Les Choristes is a GREAT film for all to see if you can read subtitles for 1.5 hours. It's a feel-good movie that made me cry at the end (of happiness). Nobody was even crying in the movie, and there wasn't sad music, and I was still crying. My favorite character in this movie is Pepinot. This child/orphan, is extremely shy and sweet. He thinks his dad will come pick him up at the school so he waits at the gate every Sunday I believe (not sure of the day). He plays a large part in this movie, as he starts the unraveling of memories. The Chorus is sweet and heartwarming movie I ever seen before.


No comments:

Post a Comment